1. Am I required to wear a helmet during the ride?
Yes. All riders must wear a helmet while riding
2. Does the ride take place if it rains?
Yes! The Ride is held rain or shine. If you choose not to ride due to the weather, you can check-in at the registration desk to get your T-shirt (if you pre-registered on or before August 15th) and enjoy the lunch, DJ and post event activities.
3. What time do I have to be there?
Registration and start times are as follows:
- 50-miles- Registration 8:00AM/Start 8:30 AM
- 30 Miles – Registration 8:00 AM /Start 9:00 AM
- 10 Miles – Registration 9:00 AM /Start 10:30 AM
- 3 Mile walk/ride Registration 9:30 AM /Start 10:30 AM
Please arrive in enough time to sign in, and enjoy a light continental breakfast.
4. Will bike mechanics be available during the ride?
Bike mechanics will not be available during the ride, so be sure to get a tune up and have your bike ready for the ride.
Halter’s Cycles a sponsoring shop will be on site at the Franklin Middle School from 7:30 to 10:30 AM for bike check-ups, etc. In addition SAG (Safety And Gear vehicles will have basic supplies such as tubes and pumps and can help where needed.
5. Will there be rest stops with food, water and restrooms?
Yes! 50-mile riders will have 3 rest stops – 30- mile riders will have 2 and 10-mile riders will have 1. All rest stops will be well stocked with water, energy drinks and snacks. Bathroom facilities are available at all rest stops.
6. Will a meal be provided?
Yes! Cyclists and volunteers will be provided with a great lunch at the Franklin Middle School starting at Noon.
7. If I can’t make the ride, will I receive a refund and a T-shirt?
No, there are no refunds, but you can pick-up a T-shirt at the credit union office provided you pre-registered in time.
8. Do you take credit cards?
No, we can only take cash or checks.
9. What will happen if I pre-registered, but my name is not on the list?
Every effort will be made to search for your registration if we are unable to locate it you will be required to pay at registration. We will issue you a refund if your registration on Active.com is found or has been received by US Mail.
10. Can someone hold my gift bag and T-Shirt until the end when I can pick it up?
Unfortunately, we will have no place to hold your bag or T-shirt. You should place them in your car. ,