1. Am I required to wear a helmet during the ride?
1. Yes, all riders must wear a helmet and obey all local and State Traffic laws.
2. Does the ride take place if it rains?
Yes! The ride is held rain or shine, the safety of all riders is very important. if you decide not to ride due to the weather, you can check in at registration and pick up you gift bag and t-shirt (if you registered before August 15th) stay and enjoy the lunch, and other post event festivities. However in the event of a Severe Storm warning from the National Weather Service and the ride must be rescheduled/ cancelled, notification will be posted on our Facebook page at Facebook.com/RCDCUBIKE and notice of cancellation announced on radio stations 98.3 and NJ 101.5. Every effort will be made to reschedule the ride but there is no guarantee. All riders will be notified via email with a new date if one is available.
3. What time do I have to be there?
Registration and start times are as follows:
- 50-miles- Registration 8:00AM/Start 8:30 AM
- 30 Miles – Registration 8:00 AM /Start 9:00 AM
- 10 Miles – Registration 9:00 AM /Start 10:30 AM
- 3 Mile walk/ride Registration 9:30 AM /Start 10:30 AM
Please arrive in enough time to sign in, and enjoy a light continental breakfast.
4. Will bike mechanics be available during the ride?
Bike mechanics WILL NOT be available during the ride, so be sure to get a tune up and have your bike ready for the ride.
Halter’s Cycles one of our sponsors will be on site from 7:30 to 10:30 AM for bike check-ups, etc. In addition SAG (Safety and Gear) vehicles will have basic supplies such as tubes and pumps and can assist where needed.
5. Will there be rest stops with food, water and restrooms?
Yes! 50-mile riders will have 3 rest stops – 30- mile riders will have 2 and 10-mile riders will have 1. All rest stops will be well stocked with water, energy drinks and snacks. Bathroom facilities are available at all rest stops.
6. Will a meal be provided?
Yes! Cyclists and volunteers will be provided with a great lunch in the cafeteria at the Franklin Middle School starting at Noon.
7. If I can’t make the ride, will I receive a refund and a T-shirt?
No, there are NO refunds, but you can have someone with proof of your registration pick up your T-shirt (provided you registered in time) and gift bag.
8. Do you take credit cards?
Yes we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. There is a flat $2.75 service charge.
9. What will happen if I pre-registered, but my name is not on the list?
Every effort will be made to search for your registration. If you have your confirmation number in your phone nothing additional will be required. If we are still unable to verify your registration you may be asked to re-register and pay the fee. We will issue a refund if your registration appears on Active.c or has been received late by the US Mail.
10. Can someone hold my gift bag and T-Shirt until the end when I can pick it up?
Unfortunately, we are unable to hold gift bags or T-shirts. You should place them in your car prior to the ride.